Sunday, July 27, 2008

So where does it come from?

Quite often, I am asked where I get my inspiration for my designs. There is only one answer to this...it is nature. There is an endless supply of variations in texture, color, composition for each and every new inspiration or creation. It's all there and ready to be reassembled into more exciting mosaics. Mosaics of light, color, line and movement.

A couple of days ago, I read a wonderful article in the LA Times about artist Robert Irwin and the central gardens that he designed at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. What amazed me was that it was met with controversy because it was done by an artist instead of a garden expert. These gardens are alive with movement and interesting color and texture variations to celebrate nature and his own artistic vision.

Here is the article:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/arts/la-hm-irwin24-2008jul24,0,5566108.story

No comments: